Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Good Access 2002/XP Books?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quintios

Technical User
Mar 7, 2002
US
My company upgraded from Access 97 to Access 2002 / XP. Can anyone recommend (include links if you would, please) some good books on Access 2002 / XP? I don't need books for beginners; I'm an intermediate to advanced user.

For sure, one book I'm going to purchase is the Access 2002 Desktop Developer's Handbook:

I have no need for the Enterprise Developer's book however.

One of my favorite books for Access 97 was the Access 97 Power Programming book:

Looks like he has one for Access 2002:

Does anyone else have any favorites? Why? What about books you'd stay away from? Why?

Thanks in advance!

thx!

Q-

Q,

I would recommend anything by Ken Getz. He has been around since the beginning for MS Access and has written numerous articles on Access tips and his stuff is always useful.

Steve

Typically your Access 97 knowledge and books will still be useful. The main new features are a few new VBA functions, the MSDE cut down SQL server engine and Access Data Projects.
I haven't yet bought any specific Access 2002 books and have been working with it for over a year, relying on web searches and information here.

John

There is a KB article that deals with the new features of Access 2002:

Most of them look like "Wizards and Menus" (if you're a beginner to intermediate user) to me.

thx!

Q-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back