Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GoLive running but wont appear on-screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

tallonius

Technical User
May 12, 2010
GB
I have a weird problem running Adobe GoLive (version 8) on Windows 7 - the program runs but wont appear on screen. I don't get this issue with any other program and until this happened a few days ago the program worked fine on Windows 7.

When it's started, the 'title box' with logo and version number etc appears on screen and the icon appears on the taskbar, but no program appears on screen. It doesn't matter how many times I click on this, it wont appear on screen.

If I hit Alt-Ctrl-Del and bring up Task Manager I can see it's running in the Applications tab and I can also see it's process running on the processes tab too.

I thought maybe it had gone 'off screen' so I used all the Windows 7 tips on how to bring progs back on screen but nothing appears. Interestingly, when I hover over it's icon on the taskbar, and hold shift whilst clicking it to try to bring up the old-style maximise and minimise menu options, nothing appears - although this works with every other application.

I use two screens, so I tried changing the display to use just one - makes no difference.

I then uninstalled GoLive, rebooted and installed it again - makes no difference.

Any idea why this would happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back