Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Golive Proper Diagram Setup Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrafxDsignArtist

Technical User
Jul 15, 2009
US
Hello. I'm new to Adobe Golive. I've begun creating my website but I do not know if I am doing it correctly. My question is, Is my diagram set up properly?

Online tutorials are confusing, and I do not know if I am supposed to set up my frames for the homepage on the INDEX.html page or the HOME.html page.

Thanks,
Chris.
GoliveSnap.jpg

You can do it whichever way you want but usually it's done on the index.html page since that page IS your home page.

Personally, i wouldn't use frames at all. I'd make a template with my menu, title and other common elements on it, then designate the area of the template where the body goes as editable. Once your template is set up create all your pages from it. If you ever need to change change a menu, title or other common element you change only the template and GoLive will manage the change to your entire site. This is much better from an SEO point of view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back