Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Goldsync Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darrenb

MIS
Jan 20, 2000
GB
Hi,

I have the Goldsync service running fine. What I would like to know is, is it possible to have the service load before windows 2000 asks you to log into the server? Reason being, people can still synch if the server has been restarted and not logged in.

Any help would be great

Thanks
Darren

I believe that if the service is set to auto start then it does start without having to login to the server, as it starts the services in the back ground.

Regards

Rob

Thanks for the reply Rob.

I too thought that was the case, however, the service is set to Automatic already, and so are the Goldsyncs dependencies (SQLSERVERAGENT and MSSQLSERVER).

Does it have anything to do with the Log On settings for each service? They are all set to 'Local System Account', should I be specifying an account myself, or does this make no difference?

Regards
Darren

beyond FireDaemon (great tool, by the way!) you might double-check your GoldMine settings.. What's the shortcut to your GoldMine set to? Is it a mapped drive? Is the SYSDIR explicitly set to a mapped drive path in the GM.INI in root of the GM folder? If so, that would explain the behavior -- if you havent logged into windows, the drives aren't mapped yet (unless you include a net use statement in your autoexec or something...)

Doug Castell
Castell Computers
(310)601-4738

It will also depend what build of GoldMine you have! The early build after the GoldSync service was added you still had to login to the machine even though it was a service :) We just it to painful to deal with and use FireDaemon.

Jason Wienert
Brisbane, Australia
GoldMine, Avaya, ACCPAC CRM

Thanks for all the replies peeps!

I shall look into FireDaemon.

GoldMine is installed locally on the server, so there are no drive mapping issues.

I'm using GoldMine 6.7.

Regards
Darren

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back