Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Goldsync crashes at Receiving Contact1 info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acoustech

Technical User
Jul 5, 2006
US
I don't know what's going on here. When a certain user does a one-button sync, his Goldmine freezes at transferring Contact1 info. The server's log shows that he completed the sync though. I've uninstalled goldmine, rebuilt his install file from the server, and installed again with the same problem occuring. Does anyone know anyway around this without having to lose his information? It's extremely frustrating.

I would try the sync wizard instead of the one-button sync to try and debug it. it could be many different things. like wrong ip address to an internet issue.
We never have our users use the one button sync because you can't debug it when there is a problem. I would rather see a sync profile and have them use that. It is only one more step.
Jill
If you still need help call
860-529-6232
or email jillm@ccc24k.com

Hello. I was able to fix the problem by deleting the sync site and recreating it again. This was fairly easy.

As a MASTER, log into the Goldmine program on the server and open the Goldsync Administration server. In the SERVERS section (not the Site Groups), delete the IP to IP/Metwork service (after writing down the configuration information) and simply right-click your server name and choose NEW. Recreate the IP to IP/Network service with the info you wrote down. Worked like a charm for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back