Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Goldmine \mailbox\attach

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCMark

IS-IT--Management
Jul 9, 2008
We have our Goldmine Enterprise v. 8.02 set to have attachments sent from emails stored to \goldmine\mailbox\attach on our network. However, only certain email attachments get stored there, and I can't figure out which ones. Others are linked directly to the location the file was originally set. For example, if I send an email and the attachment was \my documents\test.doc, the properties for the attachment will say that location and the file won't be in the \mailbox\attach directory. However, there are other files for the same user that have been attached that are in the \attach directory, and I can't figure out what GM is using to decide what should or should not go there. Any help/suggestions?

Thanks.

Check in users' preferences, email tab, more options button, and look for "Send attachments as links for GM Users". That checkbox ticked would cause the situation above.

It is a user-by-user setting, which is why you may see it happening sporadically.

right click and go to properties on any given folder in the e-mail center (like the SENT one, for instance) and you can find some options for what to do with attachments to mail placed in the folder..

If you want the referential locations of attached files to be accessible to everyone, you'll have to muck around with those settings (think overrides in the GM.INI) and/or train users to place attachments in globally accessible locations prior to sending them out.

Doug Castell
Castell Computers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back