Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Goldmine Licencegm.bin location

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millenaire

Technical User
Sep 19, 2013
GB
Hi,

Does anyone know where I can change where GM looks for the licencegm.bin file - as every time I log in I have to browse for it. Thanks, Martin

in the root folder of GoldMine (possibly c:\programdata\goldmine or c:\program files (x86)\goldmine) you'll find a gm.ini file. In there, there's a SYSDIR= line. That will point your workstation to the server's GoldMine folder. If you change it your workstation will probably never work with your server's GoldMine again.

The problem is not the location, but your workstation's connection to that location. If I had to guess, I'd say your SYSDIR is pointing to a mapped network drive that is not being re-connected when you reboot. To test that theory and/or remedy that, you could open up windows explorer and browse to that location to re-connect it before you run GoldMine. IF that's the case, you might touch base with your IT person to get your drives mapped in such a way that they're available upon reboot without needing to reconnect to them manually.

Doug Castell
Castell Computers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back