Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Goldmine 6.70.70226 and change to 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbkasher

Technical User
Jan 3, 2011
US
just logged on this morning and here is what I got..

Please note that your computer's system date is erroneously set to 1/3/2011.

Would you like to correct the system's date now?

I did set the date and continue to get this error.

I am the only user of the software, thus no need to update to the next version of GM.

Thanks

Also receiving this message, but with 30 licenses, not really wanting to do an upgrade either!

Christine

Issue:

Error: "Please note that your computer's system date is erroneously set to 1/x/2011"

Resolution:

This is a known issue on a discontinued product, and FrontRange is not expected to release any fix. Your system is driven by the Borland Database Engine ( BDE ) which is over 40 years old. We can offer you the lowest upgrade price to GoldMine Premium around, but that is your only fix.

You may continue using GoldMine 6.x. You will have to click on the Yes or No button each and ever time that you enter GoldMine. There is a shareware application called ClickOff that you could try:

If you continue on with GoldMine 6.x, Computerese Inc highly recommends that you no longer rely on the GoldMine synchronization process. Computerese Inc will continue to support your needs with 6.x where we can, however, embedded code is beyond our capability.

AHarry Post in FrontRange Forum:

This is a very easy patch with any hex editor. Find a free hex editor ( I use HxD from Load GMW6.EXE and do a text search for 20101231 change the 2010 to 2020 and save the file. No more warning (at least until 2020!

Of course, you should back up your GMW6.EXE file before editing.. and you do this at your own risk although it is very simple I am not responsible if you mess something up.

And this also will not remedy any issues that may have been lurking that the developers felt they needed to warn against in the first place.. if there are any.

DJ Hunt
Phone: (978)2-3333
- The Hacker's Guide to GoldMine Premium
- One-on-One GoldMine Technical Support ( Fee Based )

Even the part about where 5.5 users could get their hacked EXE? How about a direct link to a 6.70.70226 hacked exe? I missed those parts, I guess.

I thought my article added more than a couple of relevant bits of information, so I figured I'd post the link.

Sorry if I ruffled your feathers..

Doug Castell
Castell Computers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back