Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Goldmine 6.7 - crashes on delete email

Status
Not open for further replies.

themrrobert

IS-IT--Management
Sep 12, 2013
US
hello all,

we're running gm 6.7 and every time we try to delete an email from say the outbox or deleted box, it crashes with the useless ( Windows error message) program has crashed dialog, no error code or anything.

I tried deleting the mdx file and rebuilding the index and I tried deleting the entire mailbox.dbf and starting with a blank mailbox and tried to delete a test email with the same problem.

it uses an exchange smtp server, but I did a wireshark trace and the program crashes before a connection to the mail server was even initiated, so I ruled out an issue with the mail server.

Windows xp sp3

what else could I try? the program crashes on every computer that connects to the goldmine database/ fileserver, not just one.

any input would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

1st and foremost, you must give us the entire build of the Goldmine which you are using.

Have you ever Purged your TLogs empty? I suggest that you do so.

How often do you Rebuild, Sort & Verify your dBase Tables? I hope that your answer is, at least Daily.

What size is your Mailbox.dbt file? Exceed 2GB and you are DOA.

DJ Hunt
Phone: (978)2-3333
- GoldMine Premium - The Definitive Guide
- One-on-One GoldMine Technical Support ( Fee Based )

thank you so much for the reply.

unfortunately, I don't currently have access to the machine and won't until I find a probable solution. the mailbox.dbt file is over 1gb but less than 2, closer to 1.

I'm not sure how to purge t( transaction? ) logs so that isn't done frequently if ever.

not sure about sort+ verify, but I did recreate the indices, which is probably not what you meant, I don't remember seeing options for sort+ verify or purging t logs.

could you elaborate on that a bit?

what else could be contained in the mailbox.dbt file, as it did not seem like there was a gig of data between the accounts in mailboxes.

obviously I'd like to clear out some junk.

also, I had already tried deleting mailbox.* and it still crashed on delete from mail center even with just one email message in there.

thanks again, hopefully that tells you something.

In GoldMine 6.7 Purging TLogs is done via View | GoldMine Logs | Right-click over any log & select Purge Logs | Check every box without exception.

In GoldMine 6.7 Maintenance is performed via File | Maintain Database | Individual Tables | Select All | Check Rebuild, Sort & Verify. Watch for Errors, and make sure that this process finishes Successfully.

DJ Hunt
Phone: (978)2-3333
- GoldMine Premium - The Definitive Guide
- One-on-One GoldMine Technical Support ( Fee Based )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back