Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GoldMine 6.5 sort order 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndole

Technical User
Jan 15, 2004
US
Hi!
Since the update from GoldMine 6.0 to 6.5-SQL, it is no more possible to print merged letters and labels in the same order (alphabetical or any other order!). Mailing actions have become a nightmare.

Is there a smart soul out there who could help me?
Thanks
Ndole

I'm no expert, but I would think you could build your filter to merge by using a SQL Querey that has an Order By or Group By statement to put the records in a specific order..

First thanks to the two of you guys for your post.
> I'm afraid I'm no SQL expert. But

> After having created a filter I do print
1) my letters just the way I used to with GM 6.0. i.e. Contact > Write > Mail Merge > Template > Recipient and print
2) my labels : Reports > Labels and Envelopes : here by clicking the button 'Reports Center' I can do something with the sort order. As I could not find out HOW the letters are sorted, I check now 'primary' for SORT LEVELS, 'contact1' for SORT DATABASE ans 'account' for FIELD NAME.

As I said, I could not find out the sort criteria for the letters (by city, company, phone etc.) that's why I check 'account' for the labels. But it does not match at all the order of the letter as well.

Are you using a filter? In which case alter the optimisation in it to set the sort order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back