Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Goldmine 5.5 Sublicense question

Status
Not open for further replies.

hughn

IS-IT--Management
Jan 19, 2004
US
I am trying to setup a Remote Site off of our Master Site License. According to the documentation, I can create a sub-site of our Master site by creating a sublicense. Creating the license works fine but entering the generated license key into the Goldmine setup at the remote site returns "The serial number you entered is invalid or incomplete. Please re-enter the serial number and key code as it appears on your GoldMine License Certificate." Anyone what I am doing wrong?

Any input is appreciated.

be sure you're generating the license with the same version as you're attempting to install.

In other words, if you're generating the serial number with GoldMine 5.5, don't try to use GoldMine 5.0's setup file.

Other than that, look out for the difference between 0's and O's and I's and 1's.

You can find the site's license file on the server, by the way, in the GoldMine folder under GoldMine\setup\remotes. It will be named nameofsite.LIC. You could always initially run the installer on the new remote site and enter some other serial number (with the same number of seats!) that you know works -- just to get through the setup. Then, once it's running, close GoldMine at the new remote site and rename that .LIC file 'license.DBF' and drop it into the root GoldMine folder replacing the bogus one.

Doug Castell
Castell Computers

I feel like a real knucklehead. I have fretting over this for several days and have not been able to get the generated sublicense to work, that is until I tried using a "I" instead of a "l" just now.

Your advice was right on!

Thanks for your help Doug!

By the way, none of the Goldine folders on my server contain any .lic files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back