Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Goldmine 5.0 update

Status
Not open for further replies.

deaninkc

Programmer
Aug 29, 2002
US
I've got a customer using Goldmine and his server just crashed requiring a rebuild. He has been on Goldmine 5.0 using SQL 7 and runing on NT 4.0. I would like to upgrade them to Goldmine 6.5 using Window 2000 server and SQL but I understand there may be issues and might have to upgrade in more than one step. The company that sold them Goldmine is out of business taking the maintainence money with them and Frontrange has be less than supportive. Any help would be appreciated.

If its any help we are in the process of upgrading from Goldine 5.0, we use dbf files, not SQL. But we are upgrading to Goldmine 6.6 using Windows 2003 servers, and an SQL backend.

We are installing goldmine a refresh, and moving over the db files as and when we need them, we have in-excess of 800 database files, and is going to cause me a nightmare if i was to do this all at once.

My suggestions would be to keep the old server on the network, install and configure the new servers and move things over then. There is always ways you have done things in the past, you would like to change them, and this is the time to do that.

Hope i have helped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back