Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Goldmine 4.0 on Win2k Workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCmon

Technical User
Apr 23, 2003
US
We have GM 4.0 on our NT4.0 server. All the workstations that are running Win98 (just a shortcut to the exe on the server) run fine.

On the newer Win2k workstations, I get the following error when I try to run the exe on the server:

"The procedure entry point SetHandleContext could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.DLL

Any suggestions?

Thanks

In my own experience, I have solved some issues between W2k workstations and NT4.0 servers by installing the front end on the workstation. I think it is the same procedure in GM 4.0 as GM 5.0(which I use).
Make sure you have a mapped drive to the Goldmine directory on the server.
go to file--configure--license manager.
choose the install locally tab and choose a local path on the workstation. Choose any options that are appropriate and install. this gives a tie in to the local BDE and hopefully will be able to interact properly with the W2k kernel.

Hope this helps.

Forget the previous post. I somehow got the idea in my head that you got the error once you were inside GM. Sorry. I guess it was a long weekend.

Ok, try this. Log in to the W2k workstation as administrator. Make sure you have chosen to show all files in the folder options dialogue. Make sure you have a drive mapped to the GM directory on the server.

--I really hope this one helps.

It was a long weekend - gotta like those! Thanks for giving me some ideas. Let me give that a try and I will be back to let you know the results.

Thanks again for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back