Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Going to CE10 using AD Auth:question on groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBuggs

Technical User
Sep 9, 2003
US
Hi,

We're migrating from CE/CR 8.5 to CE/CR 10. We've used the Enterprise Auth in the past for the logons. Network Guys want to use AD on the new system. I am unfamiliar with AD and this is probably a very simple question.

If I use AD to manage logons, will I have to use it for security & groups? I'm used to working inside ePortal to do all the security settings.

What do I need to ask the Network Guys about managing security - will it have to be done outside ePortal?

I looked in the Admin Guides and am sure I don't follow it.

Any hints for an AD newbie?

DaBuggs
[ponytails]

The easiest way to integrate AD is to have the network admin create a "Crystal" group in AD. Then anyone assigned to that AD group can be pulled into CE. Makes maintenance much easier.

As far as CE security groups they are independent of AD. The only connection between CE and AD is when the user logs on. After that, its all managed by CE.

Chris
Data Intelligence Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back