Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Going this friday to take my A+ exam

Status
Not open for further replies.

mukIT

IS-IT--Management
May 4, 2010
US
I am trying to start a career in the IT field and I am a little nervous about taking the test, i have built many pc's over the years, I have been studying the test out video series that came with my text book (I am a first qtarter student. i have taken may practice tests and even have one on my Droid phone. I would really like some feed back on how difficult these tests are? how about the Network+ and Security+ are they much harder? Will companies hire someone with the certs if they have not completed their college coursework yet?

for me, i was very happy when i saw very few printer questions. otherwise i would have not done very well.

I took the A+ a couple months ago, and just did the Network+ a few weeks ago. They are test, but not too terribly difficult if you know the material. BAsically, study things that are testable, like charts and Protocols and what not.

As for Hiring, Certs are different than coursework. A cert demonstrates mastery of certain domain. So getting a BS is Comp Sci, is not going to yeild the same as an A+ cert. They are just different. What A+ can do, from my point of view, is help you gain an entry level position.

Good luck and lett us know how you do.

Tatertot45
CRCP
Network+
A+

I took and passed both my A+ exams today. the Essentials exam i got a 729 out of 675 and the Practical Application exam I got a 740 out of 700, both were lower than i expected but I passed.

Nicely done! Do you have plans to work towards Network+?

Tatertot45
CRCP
Network+
A+

yes i am and then my security+, i just need some study material. everything i have is outdated. i have the exam cram network+ 10-002 book and nothing for security plus. any suggestions?

A+

The book i had was "Network+ All-in One Exam Guide" by Mike Meyers. I thought it was good, but also though that the CompTia A+ i learned led into the Network +.

Good Luck...

Tatertot45
CRCP
Network+
A+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back