Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Going nuts CANT LOG CALLS ON 3 X 8 dr 5.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teltom2

Vendor
Jun 4, 2010
US
Hello, i recently installed a 3 X 8 dr5.1 with 3 stations , everything works fine , but when i go to setting up logspace for stations ,so they can review old cid information .im unable to set up log space for each station, ?? Ive tried give each phone 20 , and that doesnt work it says no log space assigned??I understand that there is only 80 system wide>so with that in mind i tried to set up even one station to log all calls,it shows cid information okay ,but will not log any calls<??what am i doing wrong??I made sure to set logging options and that was correct?all phones ring on all lines thats ok, I must be doing something really wrong to get :LOG SPACE ASSIGNED.??I set up CICS UNITS before,and not had any problems setting log space with them,is there something im missing on 3 X 8 dr 5.1 unit??,Look foward to a clue ,Thanks alot

first you need to go to general admin/8. log defaults/
reset the logs and assign the log space per set
eq. 20 for four sets
the go to general admin/9. call services/set services
show the set you want
note: when logs reset only the first ports will have a log assigned ,if these are not the sets you want you have to remove the logs and that will put them in the pool of available

then go to log space you should see log:20 pool:0
again if this is not the set you want press remove and now you will have some in the pool for another set

now your log should work

mike

Is that my boy from Tulsa?? You haven't figured this out yet?
Looks like you have some good info now...

Wayne T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back