Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Going from NT4 Domain to 2000 then back to NT4

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShawnL

MIS
Jul 18, 2000
US
Let me explain what I did (and don't ask me why). I had a PDC and a BDC. I promoted the BDC and installed 2000 on it. I wanted to change the new PDC to a member server and promote the NT4 BDC to PDC, but found that wasn't a viable option. I worked around it this way. I powered off the BDC. I removed active directory and converted the PDC to a member server. I powered that box down and powered the NT4 BDC back up. I promoted that to the PDC then removed the old PDC (the 2000 machine from the domain). I then powered up the 2000 machine and joined it as a member server. All is not happy. However, I still have all this 2000 active directory crap (universal groups, etc...). Anyone know if there is a way to get these out of there? If not, it's no big deal, this is just my home set up, but I'm just wondering. Thanks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back