Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Going from AI on Windows XP to AI on Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyell

Technical User
Aug 5, 2007
US
I'm used to installing presets by copying them directly to the appropriate folder of CS4 which, in Windows XP, I found at C:\Documents and Settings\my folder\Application Data\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CS4 Settings\en_US. I'm in the process of installing a new computer running Windows 7, and I'm feeling a bit lost. I've installed AI but have no idea where to put my saved presets. Or perhaps there is an easier way to install presets? (There are lots of other things I don't know yet, but I'll start with this one. :))

The lost is found -- in case anyone else needs to know, the AI CS4 presets are at: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CS4\Presets. And Photoshop presets are also under C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe PhotoshopCS4\Presets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back