Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Going back

Status
Not open for further replies.

haarisabbasi

Programmer
Jan 8, 2013
US
Hi everyone,
I was wondering, is there a way to retain your terminal and printer set ups on a set up, but replace your menus and everything else for your Aloha set up? I know there are some assumptions here, such as requiring the printer ids and terminal ids to be constant (meaning the same across each set up). But is it doable? And if so, which files should I ignore in this process? I know it is a weird request, but its something which I was in need of at the moment. Thanks!

As long as you have dated subs or a backup of the DATA/NEWDATA folder I would say go ahead and start deleting the other .dbf files such as submenu=sub.dbf, menu=mnu.dbf, etc. Next time you login to Aloha Manager after deleting these it will create new blank ones for you.

I would at least save the following if you plan on doing this.
Terminals=TRM.dbf
Printers=PRT.dbf
Printer Groups=PRG.dbf
Cash Drawers=DWR.dbf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back