Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Godaddy hosting 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrkyn

MIS
Jan 30, 2002
US
I have my website hosted in godaddy.com. I have an asp code that uploads an image into my images folder. When I try to upload an image I receive the following message: "Folder d:\hosting\mypage\images does not have delete permissions, although it does have write permissions.
Change the permissions for IUSR_computername on this folder."
What should I do that? Any help?
Thank you.

Thanks, Lee. Sorry, for questions. This is first time I use godaddy. Do you mean settings for the images folder? If yes, here are the settings I have:
Inherit (Inherit permissions from parent directory)--------------Not checked
Read (Directory contents are visible to users)--------------Checked
Write (Applications can write to this directory)--------------Checked
Reset all children to inherit (All subdirectories will be reset to inherit from current directory)--------------Not checked
It doesn’t work. Any idea why?
Thanks.

In GoDaddy, follow this path:

Hosting & Servers -> My Hosting Account -> Control Panel -> Content -> Directory Management. Choose the directory you wish to change permissions on (or add a new directory) and make sure Read, Browse, and Write checkboxes are checked.

It may take some time before the permissions actually go into affect.

Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back