Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

go to static HTML page 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtdew

Technical User
Dec 9, 2007
US
I've modified a FLASH template which requires the user to Click Here to Enter Site. When the user clicks it leads them to more flash. I want to be able to have that page dissolve into a static HTML page. I've tried modifying the text "Click Here to Enter Site" by changing the properties to include a html page but nothing different happens. Suggestions?

I right click on the text and choose Edit.

I right click on the text and choose Action.

I try to copy/paste your suggestion above and it gives me an error message: Current selection cannot have actions applied to it.

I tried it again and this time did not receive the error message but nothing happens. I checked and I also have a sprite that looks identicial to the text. I tried adding the above suggestion to the sprite but, again, nothing happened.

If I modify the following script, it works fine...

on (rollOver)
{
this.gotoAndPlay("s1");
}
on (releaseOutside, rollOut)
{
this.gotoAndPlay(_totalframes - _currentframe);
}
on (release)
{
getURL(" "_self");
//_root.play();
}

But of course, testing the movie through a published dummy.html... Otherwise it will only open google in another browser window...

As for dissolving this flash movie into another fixed .html page, well that's another story!

Regards. FLASH HELP - OPENED FOR BUSINESS!
TO GET YOUR OWN FREE WEBSITE HOSTING

And where do I place the script? I have text and I have sprite that look identical. I tried deleting one and then the other to see which one I needed and apparently I need them both. So do I add the above script to each one by right clicking and going to Actions?

Can I have the Flash document shrink after it reaches the end of the movie?

Currently it is 766 x 750. If I let the movie continue from the Enter Site scene to the end and then shrink the document to 766 x 375 I would be able to add some HTML to the bottom of the FLASH.

Would be much easier to embed the movie in a higher division, covering your .html content (already there underneath...), and simply fade your movie, dicovering your underlying html content...
And movie the Flash division off screen...

You would need to use the wmode parameter set to transparent on the flash movie...

Regards. FLASH HELP - OPENED FOR BUSINESS!
TO GET YOUR OWN FREE WEBSITE HOSTING

Thanks so much for your help. It has definately gotten me going in the right direction.

And your suggestion:

and simply fade your movie, dicovering your underlying html content...
And movie the Flash division off screen...

You would need to use the wmode parameter set to transparent on the flash movie...

Sounds EXACTLY like what I want to do. How would I find more info on doing this from the point I'm at now in the flash movie I have already?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back