Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GMX Settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiden

Vendor
Dec 27, 2006
US
Have a few customers with pre 9.0 using GMX and three of them are not working today. Was using 74.208.5.1. Just tried using 74.208.5.67 and still not coming through. Know they change that up. Anyone have an updated static IP address for GMX.

Thanks in Advance.

I've been using 74.208.5.30 for quite some time. Have never tried the two you have listed.

Thanks wspence. I thought I had tried that before. Changed settings and working.

What about setting up DNS?
No need to change or even know the IP address at all.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

tlpeter,
In field for SMTP I am only able to put Numerical IP address. I.E. 74.208.5.30 These are pre Release 9. Believe all 8.53. Is there a way to input an actual name? I know in Release 9 they added that ability. Am I missing something? Would be great if I was. Then could just put in mail.gmx.com and not worry about this. Or use other services.

Not to pick on GMX, but we had several occurrences where gmx was blacklisted. The IP Office would send the email, GMX accept it, but no mail server would allow delivery. Had to redo the whole thing.

Check in Monitor to see if the mail sent OK or not after leaving a message.

I just ran into the same issue where 74.208.5.1 quit working in the last week or so. I'll try .35 and see how it goes.

-----------------------------------
4771494_orig.jpg

Calgary Telephone Systems, Avaya LG Asterisk (FreePBX) VOIP & TDM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back