Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

gmail stopped supporting mail clients signing with username and PW only

Status
Not open for further replies.

johncp

Technical User
Aug 28, 2005
GB
On 30 May 22 Gmail stopped supporting mail clients which access with ID and PW only.

hpps://support.goog;e.com/accounts/answer/6010255?/hl=en&utm_source=google-account &utm_medium=profile-less-secure-apps-card

My mail client is Windows Mail V6.0. running on Vista 6.0 SR2 and I'm not in a hurry to update windows.
I'm accessing gmail via Web Mail but this inconvenient

I'm looking for suggestions for a 2FA mail client (IMAP) which will run on Vista and will import Windows Mail files ?

Tx in advance

I am having a similar problem with Outlook 2007. It might be worth your while looking at my post titled "Outlook 2007 no longer works with gmail" created a few days ago.

I think I know the solution, but am having trouble reliably finding the "Manage third-party apps" bit for a google account.

If I get to the bottom of it I will post a solution.

The Outlook problem I am trying to solve is for someone else. I use Thunderbird and this is fine, but I don't know if this is available on Vista.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back