Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Gmail Email no one home at google

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnuf

Vendor
Aug 26, 2006
US
embedded voicemail will not get in bed with gmail,

Its a ip 500 ver 9.1.1100.202

I created a gmail user.
Im using port 587, TTLS checked
valid user name and pw for gmail.
The "From" email is a my company email (see below)

Doing my research I found out in mid 2017 gmail will no longer send emails not sent from their server. So for the from email I used my own company email - clueless@giterdone.com. Our company server does not do smtp.

I checked a box that says, allow others systems to send emails or something like that (found that in a search)

Watching in Sysmon I got FQDN errors, while sounds dirty, it didn't like smtp.gmail.com so I pinged that address and used the actual numeric to avoid needing a dns translation. I also tried 8.8.8.8

At no point do I see an exchange between the Avaya and gmail like others have listed here. Just retries

UPDATE

I HAVE TRIED NOT TTLS
I HAVE TRIED PORTS 25 AND 465

CHANGED THE SEND EMAIL BACK TO A GOOGLE GMAIL.

ONCE I PUT SMTP.GMAIL.COM BACK IN FOR A SERVER INSTEAD OF THE NUMERIC VERSION ... ONCE AGAIN I GET "WAITING ON THE SERVER TO PROVIDE A FQDN"

duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I am behind a fiewall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The stupid conicwall is blocking the ports

have you enabled access for less secure apps?

A madman with a taste for speed.

If you connect using SSL or TLS, you can send mail to anyone with smtp.gmail.com . Note: Before you start the configuration, make sure that Less secure apps is enabled for the desired account. Connect to smtp.gmail.com on port 465, if you're using SSL. (Connect on port 587 if you're using TLS.)

The IP500 is not connect via a firewall. Its on the AT&T SIP network which is a closed network and not allowing other services such as time server, smtp and whatever else. ANY IDEAS OF THIS ONE? can i create an IP route back through lan which does have access outbound?

Settings that worked for me 9.1.12 213 embedded

server = smtp.gmail.com
port = 587
e-mail from *****@gmail.com
STARTLS = yes
server requires authentication = yes
username *****@gmail.com
password *****
confirm password ****
CRAM-MD% = no

less secure apps enabled in my Gmail account and this is sending to another gmail address. You might be able to forward from Gmail to another address.

You need less secure apps enabled for the gmail account you are using or it won't work properly. This is key.

Does anyone have any experience of other free e-mail servers?

I assume smaller sites would have access to their ISP's sever and larger sites would have their own server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back