Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GM 6.7 sync problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

evlwhtguy

Instructor
Apr 7, 2011
US
Due to an new server instelled by our new owners I am no longer able to sync my laptop directly to the server version of GM. as a result I am making a sync set and saving it to the main server, then getting my IT people to pick it up with the server Goldmine. This works well although it is inconvinient. I have a spare laptop that does not have access to the main server at all. [the new owners are very security concious and wont give that machine access to the server] I use it as a backup. I am copying the sync file to a thumb drive and bringing it to the laptop. I pick up the sync from the thumb drive and I get all the scheduled Items but I get no history items at all. I looked at the sync profile "retreve options" and all the boxes are checked, but I get no history changes synced over.

Any suggestions???

Make sure that you are syncing for All Users and not just a specific user like yourself.

DJ Hunt
Phone: (978)2-3333
- GoldMine Premium - The Definitive Guide
- One-on-One GoldMine Technical Support ( Fee Based )

A great suggestion, but I did select all users. In fact I am using the same sync set I use on the other laptop I have that can pick up the sync set from the network. I am copying the set to my thumb drive before I sync any other machine from it.

Then without looking at your configuration, I doubt that I can help you. The forum is a hard place to determine what issues may or may not be occuring.

DJ Hunt

I discovered that if I log in as someone else...our system administrator... and then change the calender to me...I can see my history records. She of course as administrator right...but then again...SO DO I???

I can see my history [as me] if I go back to the time when we were still syncing the machine with the server...but not after.

Man...i typed that last post poorely, here is the corrected version.

I discovered that if I log in as someone else...our system administrator... and then change the calender to me...I can see my history records. She of course is an administrator right...but then again...SO AM I???

I can see my history [as me] if I go back before the time when we were still syncing the machine with the server...but not after.

Still sounds like an Ownership/Security Settings issue. I'd lean toward Ownership for those new History records except that you say that you have Master Rights which trumps all. Without seeing it, I'm at a loss.

DJ Hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back