Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GM 5.7: All pending calls, forecasted sales and calendar items missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldminerookie

Technical User
Dec 5, 2012
US
We were having some problem with error message about our GM database needing to be index. I performed a full index of all the databases (Over 2.2M records) Upon completion we are not able to log into GM without getting the constant error message as before but all of the pending calls, forecasted sales and calendar items that each person had scheduled are gone. I have two questions:

1. Is there a way to retrieve that information and get it back into GM? I have a back up of the entire GMBASE folder from before the indexing.

2. What procedure should I use in the future to index the database without loosing the information.

Thank you for your help.

It sounds as though you may have exceed the 2GB limitation you dBase tables. You may not have been purging your TLogs or your Mailbox may have exceeded 2GB all on it's own. Either way, you will need to use some external dBase tool that might help you, and I stress the work might.

DJ Hunt
Phone: (978)2-3333
- GoldMine Premium - The Definitive Guide
- One-on-One GoldMine Technical Support ( Fee Based )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back