Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GM 5.5 SQL Macro Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

BasilFawltytoo

IS-IT--Management
Sep 9, 2002
CA
I have several users that use macros to print reports. It seems that Goldmine sometimes loses it's brains and the macros disappear from their toolbars. It's a real pain for me to go around and re-do all the macros. I've tried Beyond Gold to migrate the macros but ... For the one user that has the macros still working, I checked in the Goldmine\Macros folder. The macros are there for her but the .mac file is missing. Any ideas how it would disappear? What exactly does the .mac file do?

Basil,

The only way I know of is if someone has deleted the file....

If you on 5.7+ then you could use the taskbar (which is far better than the toolbars) which can access other peoples macros.

Alternatively look at:

Topic: MacFile=
Once the macros have been recorded for one user, say STEVE, insert a MacFile=STEVE entry under the [GoldMine] section of other users' user.ini files. All users will then use Steve's macros, and when a macro is changed for STEVE, it is changed for everybody.

Regards,

Richard.
PRIOR Analytics UK

Thanks. We'll be upgrading to 6.o soon, so maybe I'll just have to let it go until then.

It sounds to me like you are loosing the ICON's not the macros. If this is so, you can just re-apply the macro button. You can also sometimes just log back in and the tool bar will re-appear. GoldMine also has a feature that you can turn off - undocking the tool bar.

The other option is to backup the user.ini file and you will then have the proper Tools section saved with the proper ICONs.

The other suggestion posted for the macfile=steve suggestion would also help standardize your macros for all users.

I hope that helps....Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back