Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GM 4 and Custom Program Execution

Status
Not open for further replies.

swhitten

Technical User
Sep 3, 2002
US
I am trying to help a client who has Goldmine 4. A developer wrote some VB code for them several years ago that transfers information from their back office accounting system into Goldmine. We are moving everything to a new server. The network support person COPIED the Goldmine 4 programs folder from the old server to the new server (did not install from cd). He also copied over the folder that contains the .exe file for the custom program. We modified the idapi32.cfg file in the Goldmine/Setup folder to point to the new server. Goldmine will launch on the server now. (I haven't actually tried to do anything like enter a new contact and save it; I have only opened the program file.)

When we try to run the .exe file for the custom program, we get this error message: Unable to loadbde. Error#: -2.

I found some registry entries on the old server for the Borland Database Engine and imported them into the registry on the new server. No luck.

Questions:
1. Is simply copying the program files folder an acceptable way to install Goldmine 4 on the new server?

2. Any suggestions on the error message? I have a feeling we've overlooked something somewhere that is still pointing to the old server. But I can't find anything else.

Thanks in advance for your help!!!!!!

1) Yes thats fine.

2) -2 :: Cannot find license file

Check the GM.INI and make sure the SYSDIR= entry is pointing to the correct location.

Regards,

Richard.
PRIOR Analytics UK
Sage CRM, GoldMine & HEAT Solutions Partner in the UK

Richard,
Thanks for the tip. When we originally tried to launch GM, we got a 'cannot find license file'. We changed a configuration setting, and that error went away.

Are you saying it cannot find the BDE license file? What is the resolution for that?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back