Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Gluing and resizing connectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

hermhart

Technical User
Apr 16, 2007
US
I understand about gluing connectors to shapes. When I move the shapes, consistently the connectors stay with me as I'd expect. That much is OK. But, my problem is connectors connected to each other. Let's take a case where 3 connector lines merge to a point. I want them to stay glued to each other at that point. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. I'd like to be able to grap that point and drag it somewhere and all 3 lines would come along. They usually don't. Under Tools>Snap&Glue>General>GlueTo... I have checked ShapeGeometry, ShapeHandles, and ConnectionPoints. So...
1. How can I make sure they stay glued to each other? Even when all 3 endings have connection points on them, they don't always stay glued.
2. Sometimes my connector lines lose their connection points at the ends. How do I prevent that?
3. When I drag one connector end up to another connector end, I don't always get the red spot (telling me it glued). But even if I do, it doesn't always stay glued.
4. When I go to resize a connector line, approaching it with the cursor, the "move" symbol appears (4 arrows). If I approach the end of the connector, then usually it resizes, which is what I want it to do; if I approach the connector between the ends, then the connector moves. That makes sense. Is that normal behavior? I would have thought for resizing I should get the resize tip (2 arrows) rather than the moving tip. For shapes, I do get the resizing tip, but for connectors the resizing tip never appears. The moving tip seems to serve both for resizing as well as for moving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back