Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GLPOST table corrupt? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

soleman

Technical User
Sep 10, 2002
US
While running a GL transaction report, we received an error Description: Error detected by database DLL. This only happens on certain GL accounts. I have tried doing a data Dump to reload the database, but received another error during the dump (ec=49153)when it got to GLPOST. When we checked our backup log, we have an error WARNING: "C;\ACCWIN\ACCPAC\SITE\SEMAPHOR.BIN" is a corrupt file. This file cannot verify.

Can anyone please help? we're in the middle of our year-end!

We're running ACCPAC Advantage Series Corporate Edition (Version 5.3A Service Pack 3)on XPPro workstations. Our server is on Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition.

I should also note that I'm not too DB savvy.

Thanks in advance

SEMAPHOR.BIN is just a temporary file, ignore the backup errors.

If GLPOST is corrupted, you're in trouble. Cross your fingers. Make a copy of it, then run a Pervasive Rebuild. After that, run G/L data integrity.

Don't worry about the SEMAPHOR.BIN error, that is normal for backup software to report that error.

Run a database verify from Accpac Database Setup.
Run a data integrity check on the GL.

Verify came back with 0 errors on both the company and the system. I guess rebuilding is the next step. Does rebuilding just look at individual tables or all tables in a directory? Can I just make a copy of my data directory in a different location before running the rebuild (just in case) or do I need to do a more formal backup first?

Thanks again for your assistance.

The rebuild utility picks one table at a time. You can just make an ordinary copy of that file.

I have rebuilt all tables in GL using pervasive rebuild . Upon running data integrity, there are now only 1949 errors, all of which are back in 2003 and 2004 fiscal sets ("Period net amount does not equal sum of all posted transaction record(s) for fiscal set XXXXXX").

Any thoughts on repairing this? If it's not repairable, since it is old data, do you think we can just close off those years and keep going (since backups will have good data for those years if we ever need it)?

It depends, if your GLPOST table is OK then you can rebuild GLAFS, but if GLPOST is missing records then there is not much you can do, unless you want to go all the way back in posting journals and batches to figure out what is missing.
You could also run periodic processing and Delete Transaction Detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back