Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

glowing edges

Status
Not open for further replies.

howiehilton

Technical User
Jan 26, 2005
GB
Hi,
I am sure this is possible, but being a newbie I don't know how you do it.
I am trying to make something glow around the edges. More specifically, a pair of legs that have been sunburnt, to give a sort of heat radiation effect. I have tried playing with the colour change, but the effect is poor.

Also, I have been trying to add some text to a helium balloon which is moving in the video. I am able to do it with a still frame, but I would love to be able to get it tracking the movement - is this possible?
I am using premier pro 1.5
Any help would be much appreciated.
thanksyou!

The Alpha Glow video effect adds glow to the edges of an alpha channel, so one way would be to create a transparent object of the right shape in the Titler and apply the effect to that as an overlay.

You can track overlay in position, rotation and size using keyframes with Motion. See Help file for details.

Similarly, keyframed Motion is a way to track your text in the balloon, but you may find it hard to be convincing with the spherical distortion needed to make it appear as though the text is on the balloon itself. The Distort effects family, again keyframed, may be useful here - possibly Spherize.

Since you are new to Premiere, you might enjoy the stimulus of Curt Wrigley's video tutorials at

great, thanks for your help Akribie - I'll have to get familiar with keyframe motion. thanks also for the link - looks good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back