Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GlobalMultiUse components in ASP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomp132

Programmer
Apr 15, 2002
US
I have given thought to using a GlobalMultiUse VB component to encapsulate commonly used subroutines and functions that I'd typically put in a global SSI.

As I understand it, and have tested in a VB EXE, you can call the component's methods without needing to instantiate the object. However, in ASP, only public Enums are visible and nothing else.

For example, while this will work...

Dim x
Set x = Server.CreateObject("MyCOM.MyClass")
x.doSomething

this will not work...

doSomething

I have scoured the Web and have found nothing that either; 1) tells me that this can't be done, or 2) describes this problem. In fact, anything I have found makes it sound like I'm the only one that has this problem (or has even tried this) though I find this highly improbable.

I have tried registering this component with both COM+ and REGSVR32. The component is properly referenced in the Global.asa.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Kris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back