Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Global zone and zones Ip change

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaife

MIS
Mar 16, 2010
EU
Hi
I have a global zone server with 4 diffrent zones servers on it .
I need to change all the Ip's for the global zone server and for his 4 zones servers .
the change is a totaly diffrent Ip address on a diffrent range so I think I will need to do some changes on the defaultrouter and maybe some other files .

My questions are as follow :

1.What are the full steps for changing Ip on the global server and on the zone servers , including which files need to be changed ?

2. With whom should I start the Ip change ? , on the global server or the zones servers ?

3.I think I will need to reboot the zones servers after the change , my question from where should I run the reboot command from the global server ?
what's the syntax ?

4.My last question is , I have another server taht I would like to know how can I tell if its a zone server or a standart physical server ?

Thank you very much
shai

1.What are the full steps for changing Ip on the global server and on the zone servers , including which files need to be changed ?

-> You can change ip address of your global server by using ifconfig command. You need to do changes in /etc/hostname.<interface name> file.

2. With whom should I start the Ip change ? , on the global server or the zones servers ?
--> global server
Global server means your global zone. There are two types of zone in solaris 1) global zone:-> it is installed when you install operating system 2) non global zone:-> user need to create this zone

4.My last question is , I have another server taht I would like to know how can I tell if its a zone server or a standart physical server ?

--> run the command zoneadm list -vc --> this command will tell if non global zone has configured on server or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back