Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Global namespace pollution - an interactive scanner 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 8, 2003
GB
As a result of doing more Firefox add-on development, I've become more aware of just how much most JavaScript code pollutes the global namespace.

I know it's over a year old now, but I've just found a handy tool to analyse the global namespace and see just how bad any pollution is.

As well as analysing your own scripts, it compares 30 or so of the most popular JavaScript frameworks to see just how bad their pollution is - some of them surprisingly bad (I'm pleased to see that jQuery scores fairly well).

It will also perform collision detection between the frameworks and your own code to flag any conflicts.

The tool is written by Mats Bryntse. You can read his blog post about the tool here and run the tool itself here.

All in all, a very handy tool!

Dan

Coedit Limited - Delivering standards compliant, accessible web solutions

Dan's Page [blue]@[/blue] Code Couch:
Code Couch Snippets & Info:
The Out Atheism Campaign

Thanks Dan - illuminating.

If you want the best response to a question, please check out FAQ222-2244 first.
'If we're supposed to work in Hex, why have we only got A fingers?'
Drive a Steam Roller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back