Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

global framerate 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

defkon2012

Programmer
Jan 16, 2002
US
I am having this problem with loading external .swf's into a main movie. The loaded swfs have a faster framerate but play at the main movie's framerate when the loadMovie() code is launched.

I can't use getURL because this is for a windows Projector file that is going on a cd.

Anyone know how to load external movies on the click command from a main movie without having the loaded movies framerate change?

thankyou thankyou

defkon2012

No way! The loaded external movies will allways adopt the main movie's framerate.

Possible workaround... To load the movie on _level0, replacing the previous main movie. I didn't test this, but the loaded movie might then play at it's own framerate. Worth a try!

Another possible workaround... Use a silent streaming sound clip at the same framerate as the to be loaded movie, forcing the main movie to follow this new framerate. But don't know if that would work in a projector file.

Regards,
new.gif

Right on oldnewbie! you rock!

saved the day,
the first of the possible workarounds works. I just tell the to be loaded movie to load on _level0 and it loads with new framerate! Then I just tell the original movie to load back onto _level0 from the back button. So its like toggle mode. Cool

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back