Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Global calendar events

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodwins

MIS
Feb 24, 2003
CA
Is there a way to add global stat holidays or events so that everyone in the system sees it?

Thanks.

I'd suggest a shared folder containing a calendar. This is what we use to enter who is either out sick, on vacation, and so on. Another way would be to setup an account and give everyone proxy access to the account for purposes of viewing the calendar. I am sure their are other ways of doing this, Web Application, etc.. It's just a matter of what you like and what works best for you.

FarOut
V-Peace-V

FarOut's suggestion is good at the department level, but if you have a medium to large size business, an "agency-wide" calendar could become clogged with too many appointments as people take vacations and sick days. We have created "resources" for a couple departments. Whenever an employee in one of those departments wants a day off, they just schedule an appointment with the resource. The department heads can then be the owners of each resource and deny or approve the days off as needed.

But for your situation I would suggest that you create a group with everyone in it and send the appropriate appointments to the entire group. You can use the "Auto-Date" feature to send an appointment for every year that a holiday occurs.

Hope that helps.

-Ron

We all play from the same deck of cards, it's how we play the hand we are dealt which makes us who we are. -Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back