Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

global.asa

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetleaf

Programmer
Jan 16, 2001
CA
Hi

I have a few session variables declared in my global.asa file that cannot be read from my default page.
The app works when i run it locally from my own machine, but tanks out when i run it from the server machine.
Does anyone know why that might be?

It could be that sessionstate has been turned off (which increases performance)...

Try placing your global.asa file in the root of your site on the server if you haven't already. A global.asa file will only be instantiated in the root of an IIS application directory. You can also (if you have control over this machine) create a new application in your current directory from the IIS admin console by pressing the Create button in the Application Settings section for the given directory. Good Luck.

Make sure you're setting the variables within the Session_onStart sub. Otherwise they won't get reset for each new user on the site.

If the variables are always the same for all users you should use the Application("varname") variables. And set them in the Application_onStart sub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back