Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Global Address List Problems/Questions for E2K in W2K

Status
Not open for further replies.

fgaston

IS-IT--Management
Nov 19, 2001
We migrated from Lotus Notes (our public address book in Notes became our GAL in Exchange. The "home" email address has become the Notes address vs. the SMTP address & we can't delete the Notes address, which isn't needed anymore. (Under Exchange-General tab, the address in the email field is the Notes address, not the SMTP address since it was imported from Notes)

What happens is mail sends fine but I think goes through Notes Connector & shows reply address as the Lotus Notes address. This obviously means nobody can reply since we now use Exchange.

My question is can anyone tell me how to delete the Notes "home" address showing in Active Directory & if not how I can print the GAL in detail so I can re-enter from scratch. I was going to download the GAL to Outlook as offline book, but was worried it would add them all to my personal contacts.

Lastly once, GAL correct, how can I permit regular users to edit the GAL from Outlook. We've tried enabling security for the GAL from Exchange but no such luck. This must be common need. Can the GAL only be edited from Active Directory?

Thanks in advance!

Remove it from the Default Recipient Policy and rebuild the RUS.

GALMOD was a tool for Exchange 5.5 not sure if it works for E2K. This is all generated off an LDAP query of AD.

You remember me right? :) Dan
Microsoft Exchange Support @ Microsoft

Thanks very much Dan :)
Is the rebuild of RUS covered in any documents you know of & any clue where I would search for GALMOD?
Fred Gaston

Dan:
1. Found GALMOD for E2K: Q272198. Says only available on E2K Resource Kit. Do you know if it's downloadable elsewhere?
2. Referring back to "Remove it from Default Recipient Policy" I assumed you mean the Notes Addresses, since I no longer need. I did & ran rebuild then checked AD, but the Notes as still default address, but rebuild did say it could take several hours so I'll check in the AM. If you meant remove GAL from DRP, I would be confused.
Thanks, Fred

Dan:
The rebuild didn't work or I didn't understand your directions properly. Appreciate any other help or detailed instructions you can give. I just have this sneaking suspicion I have to re-enter them all. Thanks, Fred

Remove it from each user. This is on the E-mail Address Tab.

With Exchange 2000 SP2 we added the feature to delete AD attributes. You could highlight all and delete the one for e-mail then Rebuild RUS again. Go into ADSI Edit and see which one it is I can't recall and I'm not by my E2K box. Dan
Microsoft Exchange Support @ Microsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back