Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

glass tumbler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Using 3D software I guess - something like 3DS Max, this would probably be finished off in Photoshop but would be a big job to do it all in Photoshop - if you could in the first place.... funkymonk B-)

rod@sameplanet.co.uk

those are just cylinders created in bryce..with water texture added..
logo.gif

carlsatterwhite@orlandomediasolutions.com

Can someone email some idea on how i can create see thru Glass in order to place a reflexion picture on it. I tried the Filture>Disturt>glass that did not do the effect that resemble real glass, I got a better effect using the plastic wrap tool but that does not give me the glass effect i need either. I am doomed.

Neo

I can't remember which one of these sites does it, I'll help by hunting through them. There is one that does those little Mac aqua buttons that look like plastic and there is also a tutorial about getting things to look shiny and have a reflected image on them. Here is the list to look through. Hopefully I will spot it and post back to show you which one to use. FAQ229-1853
colorado.gif

"Quest for the Cup - 2002!"
"Onto the 2[sup]nd[/sup] round!"

You can get reflection-like effects with just careful use of duplicating layers, flipping them, distorting them, and playing around with opacity and masks. It won't be 100% accurate though, which is why you should start with a proper raytracing/3D package instead. There's a very good free one at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back