Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GL Posted Date conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarolineS

Programmer
Aug 31, 2001
CA
Here's an odd one ...

For tracking paid invoices using Crystal Reports, I've been pulling data from both main History tables (SOP30200 and SOP30300), as well as the Sales Payment Work and History table (SOP10103). For the GL Posted Date, I've been using SOP10103.GLPOSTDT.

Well, as it turns out, there are a handful of transactions which have a different GLPOSTDT in SOP10103 than the GLPOSTDT in 30200. For these, the Payment table date is earlier - sometimes by months, and sometimes it even pre-dates the Invoice date! Most of the transactions are Invoices created directly in SOP, but some are also Invoices transferred from Orders.

Any idea as to how or why this happens? I haven't really paid much attention to the GLPOSTDT in the Work tables, but I suppose this problem involves that date, and whether or not it gets overwritten when the invoice is paid.

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back