Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Giving permission to Domain User to change N/w setting

Status
Not open for further replies.

funky29280

IS-IT--Management
Jun 25, 2008
Hi all,
I am having a Windows 2003 domain enviroment with 58 XP Clients. There are two Internet conection runnig on our two Servers. Sometimes one connection going bad and that time I need to change the gateway of all the domain users in this case i need to log off them and then have to login as Administrator on every pc and then i change the gateway.
Is there anyway to assigne some rights to the Domain Users so that hey can change the Gateway without logging in as an Administrator. and I also want to give access to change the date & time to all the Domain Users.
I have tried doing do by editing the GPO settings but its not working.

Please guide me about the same

Regards,
Sid

Why don't you config once for each XP clients using two gateway with the Auto Metric.

Thanks vannhonguoiyeu,
but my problem is something different. Act this is a call center and when one line go bad we shift the agent to another gateway. So if I use Auto Metric then untill unless the first connection is droped XP could not use the second one.

Guide me, if there is any way to configure the same

Regards,
Sid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back