Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Giving limited users access to programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shark76

Programmer
Sep 3, 2002
AU
I am the administrator on my computer and there are 3 other users who are on the limited access.. I have access to all programs but the other users don't.. For example, I can burn CD's with Nero burning rom 6 but the other users cannot.. They can access the program but cannot burn to CD, they can only burn an image..

Also I have DVD X-Copy Express. I can use this program but when the other users use it, it won't load the program and says it cannot access the drivers..

There are also other programs that do the same thing.

Is there anyway I can give them access to these programs without giving them Administrator rights.

Some of the ideas mentioned here should help you.

Nero Burning ROM
thread779-401040

294676 - HOW TO: Enable and Use the "Run As" Command When Running Programs in Windows

"To start a program as an administrator" in the Help and Support program.

The above may require you divulging the Admin password.

Our own Greg Palmer has written a free program that you could look at if passwords are a problem.

Running Legacy Software on XP with a limited user Account
thread779-676827

Software Installation
thread779-662527

Maybe even installing the programs separately in their username folders might help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back