Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Give me some Advise

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul123456

Technical User
Apr 29, 2002
US
HI guys i wanted to know if u guys think i should get veritas backup for my network. i have 25 users in my network and have a win2k server. i have a fairly small access database. i wanted to know how good u guys think veritas is or maybe u can point me in the right directions for my needs. i want something that is low maintenance and also i wanted to know what backup hardware i should use? tape? dvd? what? is there better backup software that would fit my needs. i only have 1 server and backup is very important. Thanks, PAUL

i use it to backup my mail server. i use it to backup about 300 users and it works fine for me. it is easy to install and to operate. the backups run form jobs, all i do is change tapes.

even to restore is easy and quick.

for single servers it is very easy and friendly.

i would recommed it for a single server enviroment

Well if you just have the one server running W2k, I would just use the backup program that is built into 2000 server. It works pretty well and would save you some money.

Now if you have to backup all the user work stations and money is not an object, I would probably go ahead and invest in the software. You would need to buy a license for the server (you might need one for the DB if its SQL, im not sure about that) however you dont have to buy any additional licenses to backup the user workstations, that part is free (if I am wrong, please correct me someone).

Im sure if you have been reading this forum, BE can get a little frustrating at times. But all in all (in my opinion) I think it is the best backup software out there.

thnx for the responses guys, hey i had one more question...what type of backup and what brand should i buy. is the industry going toward DVD backup or should i go with tape. Something that is cost effecient...of course..

thnx

Paul
Thanks, PAUL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back