Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Give IVR xxxx with Treatment yyyy 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imstillhere

IS-IT--Management
Jun 6, 2008
US
How do these two commands work..In my case
GIVE IVR = Call Pilot 4.0 (Symposium 5.0)

In every GIVE IVR XXXX I see in my scripts, xxxx= 8023
which is my symposium voice services SDN.
Is this always standard to get the call first to your Symposium voice services SDN?

the WITH TREATMENT varies , is this number an SDN or is it a call Pilot application ID? I have cases where SDN'S and Application ID's have the same 4 digits but are toally different, but either could make sense if a call was sent there.

I have what appears to be an outdated scripting guide, this guide only references Meridian Mail, and is pretty vague on the two terms only stating the obvious.
GIVE IVR = deliver call to a voice messaging system.
WITH TREATMENT = treat with a menu or announcement.

Can someone please enlighten me on this subject.

Thank you.

GIVE IVR command is telling script that you want to go to CP and give it Treatment which is followed by the App ID in CP. This is used to make the recordings for Symposium rather than using 3rd party devices.

This conflicts from a response in the Symposium forum... which says "treatment" is an SDN or mailbox. can it be all 3?

With the Give IVR, the XXXX is always the symposium voice services SDN (ACD Queue). The treatment ID is equivalent to the SDN pointing to the specific IVR Application. I normally use SDNs in the 9xxx range for give IVR as they are non routable anyhow. Not sure what you mean with your last question: which says "treatment" is an SDN or mailbox. can it be all 3?

thanks,
Martin

You response is what i was looking for,
I got a conflicting answer from another forum, which made things more confusing.
I good now thank you !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back