Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Give IVR or AA 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sneb

IS-IT--Management
Nov 24, 2004
GB
Hi Guy's

Can someone help me with a question i've got. I want to setup a auto attendant with some options before I queue calls to certain skillsets based on the options the users press. In the past I've setup a Call Pilot front end for this. BUT now management what to be able to run a report on how many people have rung in and on what options they press. I'm not sure on the "give ivr" and "collect/use digits" can someone point me in the right direction please. If you have a sample script that I can work on I'd be extreamly grateful. Thanks

Implementing logging '1 was pressed' via HDX to a database can be a solution but that will take lots of time and effort to get it to work.

The fastest solution is to build a Call Pilot front end (If access port are already implemented you can also collect/use digits) and route the choices to separate CDN's.

For example;
Your main CDN (which enters the master_script/Call pilot front end) for this entry is 1000.
If 1 is pressed: route to CDN 1001
If 2 is pressed: route to CDN 1002

Later management can use the Historical Reporting (CDN Statistics) report for determining how many calls came in (via CDN 1000) and which choices were made (choice 1 = CDN 1001, choice 2 = 1002) since all calls were pegged against CDN's.

A usefull sample script depends on the configuration of your Master_Script (is routing done via DNIS or CDN or ..) but you can end up with something simular to:

WHERE CDN EQUALS
VALUE 1001 : EXECUTE Choice_was1_Section
VALUE 1002 : EXECUTE Choice_was2_Section
END WHERE

SECTION Choice_was1_Section
EXECUTE SCRIPT Choice_was1

SECTION Choice_was2_Section
EXECUTE SCRIPT Choice_was2

Great, I've already got access ports configured for voice prompts, and I did think of Call Pilot front end as you suggested, how do you use the collect/use digits? does that use a voice segment? or am I off the mark. Thanks for your response so far Utreg

You are correct.
And since access port are available you can build something like:

SECTION Main_Menu
ASSIGN 0 TO Choice
OPEN VOICE SESSION Acces_Dn
PLAY PROMPT VOICE SEGMENT Main_Menu_txt
COLLECT 1 DIGITS INTO Choice INTER DIGIT TIMER 2
END VOICE SESSION

WHERE Choice EQUALS
Value 1: ROUTE CALL 1001
Value 2: ROUTE CALL 1002
DEFAULT: EXECUTE Main_Menu
END WHERE

Choice is a DN type variable with General properties 'Call Variable' and 'Attribute' = 0.

Main_Menu_txt is a Voice_Segment variable wih General properties 'Global Variable' and 'Attribute' <filename>:<seg#(0 to 999)> (e.g. VM_Prompt:111)

In this example if a wrong value is pressed caller will hear the menu announcement again...

Utreg,

Excellent thanks for all your help,that points me in the right direction. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back