Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GIOPVersionException

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Situation:

Windows NT 4.0 Sp6a
Sql Server 7.0 / sp3
Websphere 4.0 Advanced Edition / fp3

When I try to launch admin server I get a specific error 10. Usin adminserv.bat I get a GIOPVersionException error. Anyone run into this one and know what this means.

Hi,

GIOPVersionException normally means that the adminServer is running on a version of the JDK that is different to what is expected. Did this happen after you installed PTF3? If so then there it appears the JDK upgrade failed. Check jdk upgrade logs in c:\websphere\appserver\logs for more details.

If it failed other than that please post the full log.

Eddie

Eddie,

It appears to have completed the jdk upgrade without any errors, this is what was displayed at the end of the log file.

End of extraction for F:/was40_aes_ptf_3/jdk_ptf_3.jar with no errors.

Basically this is what I did:

- Installed jdk 1.1.3_4 but in a different logical drive because of space limitations on C:

- Installed Webshere AE on the same logical drive with the system jdk. Configured ws to use the native websphere jdk. Without rebooting, performed the fixpack 3 upgrade and specifying the path to the system path. Same as JAVA_HOME environment variable. Then I reboot.

- Once I try to launch I get the GIOPVersionException error. Is there a step I am missing or performing wrong. Should I reboot after initial websphere installation.

I also tried putting both the system jdk and WAS jdk in the JAVA_HOME within the environment variable but that did not work as well. Does it matter where you install the system jdk. I did not install it in the default directory due to space limitations.

Thanks

I found a workaround by installing jdk 1.4 not 1.3 in the default JAVA_HOME directory. Now it is no longer giving the
GIOPVersionException error.

1. Installed j2ee sdk 1.4
2. Installed Websphere AE. When prompted used native IBM jdk.
3. Installed fp3, and selected use other JDK and then entered the path to the JAVA_HOME environment variable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back