Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Gigabyte X58-UDR3 instability

Status
Not open for further replies.

paparazi

Technical User
Jul 17, 2001
GB
Well, as usual I was sucked into early i7 adoption, I couldn't help myself you know how it is!
This piggin thing has been the most unstable and flaky setup I've ever had the misfortune to own, only forgiven for it's undoubted speed.
It has taken 11 months and the replacement of just about every component to finally concur that the Motherboard is at fault, something I suspected in the early days of diagnosis but because of time/cost and the availability of suitable donor parts it has taken this long.
I just hope, given the intermittent nature of the faults, that the board isn't returned with 'no fault found'
Ayway...Random cold start freezing during OS boot.
Gigabit Lan showing no connection on cold start boot to desktop and a general feeling of instability including intermittent freezing in Windows.
Every component has been replaced except the CPU.
So my question was:
Has anyone else had issues with this board?
Are there any reported issues generally?
Cheers
Martin

On wings like angels whispers sweet
my heart it feels a broken beat
Touched soul and hurt lay wounded deep
Brown eyes are lost afar and sleep

Well what a difference a foutnight makes....the Gigabyte X58-UDR3 Rev 1.3 has now been replaced 'FOC' with the latest version of the board X58A-UDR3 Rev 2.0 with USB3 etc additions.
I've had it installed for 3 days now and the difference is like night and day...solid, quick and so far reliable.
It has booted from cold 4 times without a murmer and the lan runs as soon as it's in windows.
Better still it feels solid and confident with hesitation unlike before.
Well please, just makes me wonder why I didn't do it sooner.
Martin

On wings like angels whispers sweet
my heart it feels a broken beat
Touched soul and hurt lay wounded deep
Brown eyes are lost afar and sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back