Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Gigabyte GA-K8VT800 Pro - main BIOS corrupt, secondary wont boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcasii

Programmer
Aug 27, 2001
AU
Hi, I am uysing a Gigabyte K8VT800 Pro Motherboard and a recent BIOS update from F11 to F14 resulted in the main BIOS being corrupted. The board does have dual-Bios so after giving a long error beep the system reboots into the secondar bios (version F8). The issue is that it only gets as far as 'System Health Check' and identifying the processor and wont go any further. I can't press 'Del' to get into the BIOS to repair the main BIOS.

Anyone have any ideas. The system did boot once (not sure that I did anything different) using the secondary bios which allowed me to download a new version of F11 BIOS ready to add back into the main BIOS but once I restarted it has continued to do its non-booting thing and just sits there.

Is there any type of jumper on the motherboard to reset (clear) BIOS to default settings?

Nah, I finally got it working. One out of every 50 or so reboots actually loaded from the secondary BIOS. Finally got into Windows, downloaded new BIOS and reflashed the main BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back