Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GIGABYTE GA-7DXR new mobo, problems booting with win 2000- help me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KittenSoup

Technical User
Apr 14, 2003
GR
I have just installed a gigabyte mobo ga-7dxr, with my IBM deskstar 40gb, which already has win2000 installed on it. When I try to boot up, everything is fine until it gets the white block loading bar for win2000 boot. It gets to the very last loading block and stalls, no keyboard responce or anything. Tried my old hd with win98se and everything is fine, boots up great. I am not sure what is going wrong, is it something to do with raid? please help, thanks! :)

try booting into safe mode. Tho operating system on the hd is for different hardware and is probably hanging while trying to configure some no longer existing device. Best bet is to save any data files from the hd and then do a clean install with the new hardware.

Hi, thanks for swift reply! I tried safe mode, did exactly the same thing, the way things are looking, i am going to have to format and start again. pain in the ass, but it is starting to drive me insane! :)

Yes I agree, your W2000 installation was configured on another setup and is having problems sorting out all the new stuff (very technical lol) Don't be lazy, a clean install is definately the way to go and the answer to your problems. Martin

Replying helps further our knowledge, without comment leaves us wondering.

Do a repair install, then you don't lose everything.

Cheers,
Jim
iamcan.gif

Unless you install the mobo, BIOS,etc utilities disk that came with the mobo, you may continue to experience problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back