Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

gigabyte bx 2000 beeps

Status
Not open for further replies.

WOLVERINE

Technical User
Jan 8, 2000
GB
can any body shed some light on why a gigabyte bx2000<br>motherboard would give a continous two tone siren when<br>booting from cold only????<br>i have replaced memory for some i know to be good<br>also cd roms and graphics card the bios shows no <br>protection errors when two tone is sounding so<br>i presume the bios is ok even though it is the dual<br>bios type.<br>all the pci\isa cards have been checked for good connections<br>and all appear to work fine in the windows enviroment<br>(win98se)as i have already mentioned this only happens one the first boot from cold when the system is warm it is fine<br>....any ideas?????

It is possible that their is an error with the CMOS battery.&nbsp;&nbsp;The only reason i though this is when the computer is off the BIOS chip settings are comletely dependent on the CMOS battery.&nbsp;&nbsp;When you boot it and leave it on, the battery is recharged.&nbsp;&nbsp;One thing you could try is to make a change to a nonimportant bios setting, shut it down completely.&nbsp;&nbsp;then reboot it and see if the bios setting is still there.&nbsp;&nbsp;If this is the case you might need a new CMOS battery or the CMOS battery connection could be damaged.&nbsp;&nbsp;if none of these things work out the connection to the speaker on the motherboard is usually removable :)<br>hope this helps<br><br>ackka<br><A HREF="mailto:tmoses@iname.com">tmoses@iname.com</A> <p>moses<br><a href=mailto:tmoses@iname.com>tmoses@iname.com</a><br><a href= </a><br>

Also CMOS batteries can die after quite a while, even rechargebles die, if we could keep recharging bateries wouldnt need to throw them away all the time.On a last resort option, try removing most of the componet, and put them back in one at a time, testing the computer each time. <p>Karl<br><a href=mailto:kb244@kb244.8m.com>kb244@kb244.8m.com</a><br><a href= </a><br>Experienced in , or have messed with : VC++, Borland C++ Builder, VJ++6(starting),VB-Dos, VB1 thru VB6, Delphi 3 pro, Borland C++ 3(DOS), Borland C++ 4.5, HTML, ASP(somewhat), QBasic(least i didnt start with COBOL)

This could also be a problem with the power supply in the system.&nbsp;&nbsp;I've had a bx2000 system beep like that after running for a while.&nbsp;&nbsp;We found the PS was giving erratic voltages.&nbsp;&nbsp;We replaced the PS and it worked fine.<br><br>Maniac<br><A HREF="mailto:maniac@datafast.net.au">maniac@datafast.net.au</A>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back